Koh Lipe, southernmost island in Thailand, is labelled as “The Maldives of Thailand”. Hence, one can expect to enjoy the crystal clear water and white sand beach on Koh Lipe
Source: Picture from http://kohlipethailand.com/koh-lipe/map/
In fact, Travellers can go to Koh Lipe any time throughout the year. However, during monsoon period, it is the low season for Koh Lipe. Hotels are cheap during the low season. For clear reference, please read the following table
|Super Peak (Holiday Season)||21 Dec||10 Jan|
1) For Oct and Nov, some hotels may gradually increase the price.
2) Some hotels close during low season.
1) Hatyai – Pak Bara Pier – Koh Lipe
– This is the easiest and most popular route to go Koh Lipe.
– Combo service of bus and ferry is available to purchase together online
– Ferry service is available all year long regardless of peak or low travelling season
– Log on to this website www.busonlineticket.co.th to check the schedule and purchase online for the bus service with instant confirmation
2) Langkawi (Malaysia) – Koh Lipe
– This is 1.5 hours ferry service from Telaga harbour to Koh Lipe
– Ferry service is only available during peak season
– Log on this website http://telaga-terminal.com/ to check the schedule and price or you can purchase online for the ferry service.
3) Trang – Park Bara Pier – Koh Lipe
– This is least popular route unless you are coming from Krabi or Phuket area.
– Combo service of bus and ferry is available at Trang
Koh Lipe has 3 main areas, namely Pattaya Beach, Sunrise Beach and Sunset Beach.
Pattaya Beach is the densest area on the island. Shops and services like hotels, massage service, restaurants are plenty at Pattaya Beach. Hotel accommodation types are plenty too, ranging from guest house at 500 baht per night to high end resort at 3000 baht per night
Sunrise Beach is at the east coast of Koh Lipe. Therefore, it is not affected during the monsoon period. However, the crowd is lesser during the peak season, as compared to Pattaya Beach. Again, hotel chocies are plenty at Sunrise Beach too. Visitors who like quiet and relax beach, Sunrise Beach is the choice.
Sunset Beach is the best place to watch the sunset. However, Sunset Beach is the least popular beach among the three. Sunset Beach is also furthest from the popular Walking Street on Koh Lipe. Hotel choices are lesser here but the price is the lowest as compared to the other 2 beaches.